FOLDING DECK CHAIRS About 1,200 West Marine folding deck chairs sold exclusively at West Marine stores nationwide, online at westmarine.com and in the West Marine catalog from February 2012 to May 2012 for about $70. The chair cannot support the stated weight capacity. This poses a collapse hazard to consumers. West Marine is aware of six incidents of the chair collapsing. No injuries were reported.
IF YOU OWN ONE Return the chair to a West Marine store or call West Marine at 800-262-8464 for a full refund or store credit. Go to www.westmarine.com for more information.
BLENDERS About 4,069 Kitchen Selectives 6-speed blenders sold at Pamida and Sutherlands stores from June 2009 to April 2012 for about $20. While in operation, the plastic pitcher can separate from the blade assembly, leaving the blade assembly in the base and exposing the rotating blades. This poses a laceration hazard to consumers.
IF YOU OWN ONE Return it to the retailer where purchased to receive a full refund. Or call 866- 663-4500 for more information.
BOWFLEX DUMBBELLS About 17,000 Bowflex SelectTech 1090 dumbbells sold at sporting goods stores, Nautilus.com, and other online retailers from May 2011 through August 2011 for about $600. The weight selector dial on the units can fail, causing weight plates to fall when the dumbbell is lifted from its cradle, posing an injury hazard. Nautilus Inc. has received 16 reports of the weight selector dial failing, including three reports of injuries to the user's foot or leg.
IF YOU OWN A SET Call Nautilus at 800-416-7271 for a free repair kit.
Be safe in the pool this summer!
The Consumer Product Safety Commission has a pool safety website that can help you ensure that you and your family are safe swimming this summer. On the site, among many other tips and articles, there is a checklist of questions you should answer to ensure that your pool is safe:
- Is there a fence around the perimeter of your pool or spa?
- Are there self-closing and self-latching gates?
- Are there door, gate or pool alarms in use?
- Does your pool have anti-entrapment drain covers that are compliant with the P&SS Act?
- Are all pool and spa covers in working order?
- Has the public pool or spa you use been inspected to ensure it is compliant with federal, state and local laws?
- Has someone in the family received training in CPR, first aid and emergency response?
- Has everyone learned to swim?
Do you have the safest drain covers? Check the site to make sure! Enjoy your summer – safely!